Followers

Thursday 14 May 2015

Joy

Hello again…
Today I am sharing my latest make for the current Case-ing Christmas Challenge; this week Daen’ys was the designer of the case card, which I have to admit although I came up with multiple ideas I had trouble getting it to look just right, I ended up taking my inspiration from the layout with a little tweak, Daen’ys colour palette and using birds as my focus.


I have used a background stamp for the first time, even managing to pattern match to complete the length of the card despite the length of my acrylic block! The birds were cut out of white coral textured paper, deep red hand-made wood textured paper and pale blue card which I added texture to with my Swiss dot embossing folder, rather than running through my machine I pressed firmly down over the bird a few times. Unfortunately both the coral and wood textured papers were squashed flat whilst die cutting :-(


Using up the left over printed background and a few more scraps I also created another gift tag, turning the Madeleine Bird into a robin.


What I used for my Card:-
White Card blank 10.5cm x 15cm
Kraft Card ‘Weave’ texture
Frost White Colorbox ink pad
Kaisercraft ‘Morocco’ background stamp
Memory box die ‘Madeleine Bird’
Blue, Red and white scraps of paper and glitter card
Ranger Liquid Pearls ‘Silver Pearl’
MFT- Pierced Fishtail
Sentiment from Pink Petticoat 


For tag:-
Leftover card from above project
Fiskars Corner Rounder
Brown paper and red glitter scraps 
Scrap of paper lace (self-adhesive)
Scrap red ribbon
Hole punch
Ranger Liquid Pearls ‘Ruby Red’
Twine

I would like to enter this card in:-
Holly Jolly – Clean and Simple
Sparkle Creations- No Patterned Paper
ABC Christmas- J is for Joy
Paper Creator- #38-May theme- Animals
Polkadoodles Challenge Week-19- Things with wings

Thank you for looking in...
have a good one...
Megan

p.s. Thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving me, I appreciate them all!



No comments: