Followers

Sunday 11 September 2016

Toothless a Dragon


Hello again,

Today I am sharing a card which required some research, I was asked to make a card for an 8 year old girl who loves a character called ‘Toothless’ now I’m not really into going out to the movies and had no idea who or what ‘Toothless’ was, a little search in Google I found out it was a little dragon from the How to Train your Dragon films, problem now was to find an image or something which I could use I came across a site called Deviant Art where there is a couple of black and white images available, another Google search for handmade cards ‘Toothless’ and a very talented lady Gill Prescott’s blog page with a great punch art card with ‘Toothless’ the dragon on it.

Gill has used a variety of Stampin’ Up punches to create her ‘Toothless’ as I have so far resisted Stampin’ Up products so far, (I do have some on my wishlist) I went through my dies and Gill’s list and selected the best fit using my stash.

I initially inked the edges of the pieces that would lay over the top of others but decided once finished that the dragon required a little more definition and used my white pen to add a fine line around all the black pieces... 

Here is my card:-



What I used:-
White card blank 
Black embossed paper from my scrap box
White, silver, grey, green and red snippets from my table (does my table sound messy?) 
Blue checked paper
Green dot paper
MFT Flower medley die
Various circle and oval dies
Colorbox ink pad
White gel ink pen
MFT Label maker Sentiments
Lipstick Red and Blue Lagoon Colorbox Queue ink pad
Balloon die from Magazine
Memory Box Parker Numbers
Blue Tim Holtz Paper twine
Fiskars Eyelet setters (eyes)
Fish skeleton stamp (magazine set)
Adhesives:- Foam tape, double-sided tape, Diamond glaze and PVA

I would like to enter this card in:-

Snippets Playground week #246 Anything goes with snippets
Creative Craft Cottage #71 Spots and/or Stripes
613 Avenue Create #189 Anything goes or twist Autumn Colours
Crafting by Designs September Anything goes
Sisters of Craft September Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #442 Animals or Creatures
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Anything goes

a new to me Challenge
Cards in Envy For the Kids

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week..
Megan

P.S. A huge THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: