Followers

Thursday 2 February 2017

Cricket

Hello again,

Since I’ve been busy with my family tree of late I haven’t had time to post my brothers birthday card. He is currently into playing cricket with his local club, I used this image from Just Inklined for my neighbours son last year too.

I added a few 'cherries' to the cricket bat when growing up my brother and his friends liked to play mini cricket inside the house when it was too wet or cold to be outside with one of those little high bounce rubber balls, which they liberally coated in red paint pen, for the specific purpose of making 'cherries' on the tiny bats, the stairwell has still got red paint marks down it as they hit a six and the ball bounced from side to side... 

Here is my card:-



What I used:-
White card blank 12.7 x 17.8 (5x7”)
White card (printing leftovers for fence)
Just Inklined Cricketer Digi Stamp
Faber-Castell and Derwent Pencils
Dark and light grey card stock
Red cardstock
MFT Woodgrain fence die
Spellbinders Seth Apter Maze Embossing folder
Lili of the Valley Happy Circular Sentiment stamps
Nesting dies circle dies
Nesting rectangle dies

I decided to fussy cut the cricketers knee pad making it protrude from the frame, I probably should have only cut one part out and left the red frame intact, never mind my brother won’t have noticed…

I would like to enter this card in:-
Incy Wincy Designs for the men in your life

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all the lovely visitors who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: